Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Weather Art Thou, Post?

Since I can't find the post I thought I posted yesterday, instead I am posting the post I thought I posted.

It's been raining here. No, really. Apparently it's rained in some parts of southern CA more than all of last year combined. (source). It's not going to do much to help the drought problems though. Pasadena sent out messages warning that ground water reserves were down 60%, etc, and I think the problem with all the rain showing up over a few days is that it's hard to absorb. Maybe it's a sign it'll rain a little more over the next few weeks? I just wish it wasn't so cold (55F). It looks like the rain's stopped for now, though there's a pretty large storm system up the coast a ways it doesn't appear to be heading this way.

4 comments:

Mason said...

Hopefully you won't get flooded the way the UK did this summer. I heard rumors a few days ago that Oxford was actually on flood watch again for some reason (though we haven't gotten much rain, so I'm not sure why).

Must get sleep... I only got a few hours of sleep after the pub last night and the adrenaline I had to get through earlier today is now dissipating quite rapidly. I'm trying to finish off some recommendation letters, but I'm fading fast and want to play Zelda. (Actually, I want to watch Angel because that requires less effort than playing Zelda but the disk with the episode I need is stuck in my G4, which dies with the disk in there, and I don't know how to get it out.)

Lemming said...

Yeah, good thing we probably won't have much flooding here. Wouldn't want to force the elites to slag us from orbit, oh no.

On the plus side, snow-capped Mt Wilson looks great!

Lidarose said...

I like your punny title, but must protest at your use of the word "cold" in connection with the temperature "55" :)

Wish we had some of your rain -- the drought is still very bad here.

AnaliaRose said...

I have to agree with Mom on this one. It was -1 degrees (before windchill) when I was waiting for the bus this morning.