Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Board Games

So tonight we had another board games night. The rain made it tough for a lot of people to show up, but there still was a good showing - Lem, M^2, Mason, Matt, L and myself. We played a good bit of Rock Band (4 people playing expert! Scary!) until food arrived and then there was a game of Ticket To Ride, which is always fun.

The thing I'm pondering, and why I write this post, is that maybe I should start up a regular thing - maybe a first friday of the month board game night. Or some other day, but that's the idea. It'd be sorta cool to have a regular thing, and I know I let people know about this one pretty late or more might have been able to show up.

I also want to get some RPG's back off the ground and that also requires a regular type of timing. So if you would be interested in those (the previously planned Serenity game, as well as some of the ongoing campaigns, possibly other ideas I've had) please let me know along with which days of the week you'd be able to play, probably every other week or so. I've been playing a bit of Vampire on the computer, and I might be interested in running a game of that as well.

2 comments:

Mason said...

When I'm in town, I'll be up for both RPGs and board games. (I'll forgo giving a schedule for what weekdays are best, as I will normally not be in town.)

The thing for today in addition to the short notice was that the weather made driving very nontrivial for some of the invitees.

AnaliaRose said...

I want to play a Serenity game with you! I'm guessing it is not something that can be done well through telecommuting though...

Some of my friends and I got together to play games a couple of weeks ago and it was great fun. I think having game nights has become underrated. We had quite a few while I was in Baltimore with Jonathan, Frances, Liz, and Tom (and other random family people) so maybe between the three of us (siblings) we can start a revolution of people realizing regular game nights is fun and relaxing...