Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Stuck On...

(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Foreplay/Long Time - Boston

Working on the second to last set on hard drums (Rock Band), and these two songs have me stuck. The first one is just fine, up until 90% through when everything goes crazy. I probably just need to practice it once or twice, as I have only tried it once and failed right there when everything went wacky (it was a nice beat, and then all of a sudden half the drum hits came between the beats they were on before). Foreplay/Long Time has an intro of DOOM. Oh my god. I think I can make it past there now, maybe, but not in the sense of actually playing it well, at all.

The good part is that this means I got past two of my previous stumbling blocks - Cherub Rock (Smashing Pumpkins) and Go With the Flow (Queens of the Stone Age). I can at least complete them now, if not play them well yet.

Addendum: yes, this does mean I'm close to announcing a time for trying the Endless setlist on hard. I figure once we have two people who can do every part on hard, we'll have the numbers to actually sit down for the whole 5 hour thing (or however long it ends up).

1 comment:

Mason said...

I'm got a fever, and the only cure for that is more cowbell!