Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday! (Open Thread)

Ok, so this post may be a bit late, but it's open thread time anyways! How did yall's weeks go? Doing anything really cool next week?

4 comments:

Mason said...

I'm currently revising an Exam that needs to get sent to external examiners. (The students aren't taking this until June, so it's kind of ridiculous how much in advance we need to do this.)

I'll still be catching up on a bunch of work this week, but I'll be hanging out with friends as well. On Saturday, I'm going to see a performance of The Rivals. That will be the first of many plays/musicals/concerts over the next few months for which I have already purchased tickets.

Also worth noting is that over the past week, I feel that I have finally turned a major corner from certain events from summer 2007. I'm not completely recovered yet, but hanging out with a becoming a bit closer to certain local people and stopping and thinking about things in this context last week has gone a long way towards me moving on a little bit better. So, although work has stressed me out a bit lately and I don't necessarily have anything stupendous planned for the next few days (aside from a lot of grading and other teaching duties), I'm feeling decidedly more comfortable about certain things than I was a little while ago. (I was already very happy here even with certain things hanging over my head, but I am obviously very happy to feel that they're hanging over my head a lot less than they were before.)

AnaliaRose said...

I'm really excited/scared because I have a meeting with my new lawyer this afternoon! I finally got a personal injury lawyer to help me deal with the stupid auto insurance company that owes me quite a bit of money for medical expenses etc. Hopefully it won't go to court and just the threat of having a lawyer will get things done.

That's about the only exciting thing I have all week. I may take myself to a movie tomorrow. I work today and Friday. Hmmm. Yeah, life is slow at the moment...

Lidarose said...

I'm at the tail end of a visit to F & J... it's been great but passing too quickly :-( It was great to see the ever dear E(of the big belly) and T as well..gotta run...we're going out...

willowlaughter said...

I spent Friday and Saturday doing last-minute prep for Liz's surprise Baby Shower that her sister-in-law and I were planning along with some of Liz's other friends. Saturday night was the pay-off... When Tom and Liz arrived back at their house after their childbirth class, there was a baby shower waiting for Liz! She was so surprised, and kind of confused at first because she opened the door and saw her Mom and two little kids, and didn't really figure it out until she saw all the other people behind Nancy in the living room - Liz was very surprised!! She thought she wasn't going to have any baby shower at all, so it was a fun time :-)

Mom came to visit (she left tonight - arrived on Saturday), and we just hung around, played Blokus, "Hey, That's My Fish", and Carcassonne with the builders and traders expansion, all of which were fun :-) We hadn't yet played with the expansion, so that was interesting, and it definitely changed the strategies of the game quite a bit. Carcassonne at it's roots is a fairly simple game, so the expansion added a fair bit of complexity. It's always fun to have another person around to play board games with :-)

Now I'm home by my lonesome - Jonathan is temporarily on Long Island doing some consulting, and as I mentioned, Mom left this evening.

I think I'll go curl up in bed and read more George R.R. Martin...I still have hundreds of pages left in "Game of Thrones"...