So L and I were rocking at Rock Band tonight, me playing drums on Hard and her on vocals (also Hard difficulty), when calamity struck! The drums stopped working! More specifically, the green pad stopped responding. Luckily the song we were playing didn't use it much, but I couldn't activate star power. Afterwards, it appeared to not be coming back at all, so I think the drum pad is officially dead. I hear that customer service is good about replacing them, so I'm going to call tomorrow, but until it's fixed I won't be able to practice drums! I was getting pretty good, was on the 3rd to last set on Hard, and I think I could get further pretty easy, just haven't had the time to actually play it. :)
Oh well, time to actually try the guitar solo career for Rock Band and learn some of the hard guitar solo sections. I'm pondering getting my Rock Band guitar replaced at the same time, it has some issues as well. We'll see when I call up customer service.
5 comments:
Hopefully it won't be long, but at least the customer service is actually supposed to be good. That's quite a rare situation.
I've been thinking about which songs I know from real life I'd like to see on the drums. I'll mention them later when I actually post about this stuff (I've been busy at the conference, have multiple posts in the queue, and the times I've had a chance to post things haven't always been met with reasonable internet connections).
Ok, so you were right: the customer support is VERY good. Automated website for reporting hardware problems, you answer a few questions and then it goes "Hey, you should return those and we'll replace them!" and then you get the option to have them send you the box, so you can send back your original, or they can just mail you the new ones by 2-day mail, and you return the defective one in that box, and they use a credit card to place a hold to guarantee you'll return the defective set. Pretty clever, and very appreciated.
(addendum to previous post) I was expecting it to take several weeks to get it replaced, now it looks like it'll be maybe 3-4 days, that's just good service. Re: the actual problem with the drums, I think it's normal wear and tear on them. I'm going to do the protective thing with the next set, I've been reading that a thin layer of felt/foam on the surfaces still has hte same action but cuts down on noise and extra wear on the pads.
Cutting down on the noise will be rather convenient for removing the risk of irking the neighbors...
And the new drums arrived today, so that's pretty quick on their end. I do have to drop off the return package at a UPS store, which when considering the size of it and walking is fairly tricky, but I think I'll see about a ride. So they broke on monday night, I entered the customer service ticket on tuesday, and have the new set now on friday. I'm pleased, time to go to Michael's and get some materials to pad the drums a bit, both to protect em and to cut down on the noise a bit. I wonder if Michael's also sells drum sticks? I have this urge to collect several more pairs now after reading the recent comics on Questionable Content.
Post a Comment