Oops, it's sunday now though. Oh well! Hope you all had a great saturday, mine was very good. :)
So... how about them divisional championship series things they have in baseball? I haven't been actually keeping track, having sorta lost interest when 1) the Braves didn't get into the postseason and 2) the Yankees got eliminated from the postseason (yay!). I saw a quick blurb today that the Rockies are one game away from their first world series, that's pretty cool. :)
Oh yeah, this is officially a post for an Open Thread! So... if there's something you want to talk about, post! :)
4 comments:
Now that we have an open thread, I'll actually be staying on topic. :)
I've of course been following the baseball games, though I haven't been able to watch them. I am getting the games by radio over the internet and have had a chance to listen to parts of them (I have been falling asleep in the middle of most of them, considering the time at which they start).
The Rockies are definitely the exciting story here, though it's also worth mentioning that the Indians are also a very interesting team. They have so many good young players and it's really nice to see new players in the spotlight. (The Indians also haven't won a World Series in a very long time.)
That said, however, I'd like to see the Rockies win it all this year. Then maybe the Dodgers won't choke next year...
On the subject of Saturdays, mine was spent finishing a thesis chapter and running diagnostics on the dilution fridge (only to find that Friday's major operation did nothing to improve things). But Sunday was better: multiplayer Mario Strikers Charged all evening.
Mason: cool. I will have to try and keep up with the world series and stuff, the problem I'm having is that I only check if there's games every one or two games, and there seems to be huge breaks between the series so I just miss a bunch before I catch one again.
Travis: sounds like a productive saturday and a good sunday. Sunday here was 4-player Halo 3, offline and online. :)
Z: The Division Series sechedules were sporadic (and, in fact, was scheduled in a different manner this year than it had been in the past), but the Championship Series schedules are following the usual convention: 2 games, 1 day off, 3 games (well, the third if necessary), 1 day off, 2 games (if necessary). The other series does the same thing except that it starts one day later.
Travis: Did you get a chance to nail Princess Peach against a fence?
Post a Comment