Sunday went by in a blur. I think I did things today. I know I wasn't unhappy or anything.
I think the weirdness comes from trying to do too many things at once. At one point I was watching the world series (bleh), playing Halo 3 co-op campaign, and helping Mylanda, M^2 and L with a quest in WoW, and not really doing any of the three that well.
It did seem like a good idea at the time, as all three were things I wanted to do, but the combination was a little overwhelming. Maybe I should work up to it by doing two things simultaneously first.
3 comments:
I can definitely do the multitasking baseball and other stuff thing, although if the game gets exciting, not much of the other stuff will get done.
The World Series at least had two close games and another that became close briefly at the end of the game. Although it was 4-0, it wasn't quite as one-sided as that would normally suggest (though it was still a bit one-sided). I missed an hour of the Sunday game because I forgot I was briefly 4 hours ahead of eastern time rather than 5 and I missed the start of the game by an hour. Damnit. (Especially as I go to bed before the games end...)
You weren't the only one playing a second-rate game of Halo. At least you had an excuse.
I don't think the World Series was the major distracting element. Two games at once rarely go well, and both Halo and Warcraft are multiplayer. You'd have better luck combining single-player games, I'd bet, especially ones that you can pause. Warcraft in particular tends to lend itself well to being multitasked because of its frequent waiting time, as long as the secondary task can be easily paused.
Post a Comment