Once again my PI (more on that later) comes to the rescue with well thought out, simple advice. I was having trouble reviewing a paper for an upcoming conference, mostly because I had expertise in some areas but not all the ones the paper was talking about. The advice: just comment about the parts you know, and note to the reviewing editor what your areas of expertise are. Oh. Much less stressed trying to figure out how to put things.
On PI: stands for Principal Investigator, and is essentially the person responsible for the lab, ie, the professor. Just a useful shortened version which gets used in academia sometimes. :)
3 comments:
The acronym PI gets used in academia a lot! Especially in grant proposals...
Reviewing papers is a pain in the ass. I have two currently on my plate, and I have so many other things I'd rather be working (and that's just counting the work).
I on the other hand, like reviewing papers and consequently never get sent any!
Wren, you are seriously in the minority on that one. Granted, when I am an editor (which hasn't happened yet, by the way), I definitely will be very pleased to know people in my field who actually want to review papers... because they'll be getting plenty of papers from me.
Post a Comment