Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Return of the Xbox!

A refurbished Xbox 360 unit arrived today, luckily the UPS read my note and left it, as I was stuck in meetings for several hours. It had a note saying that since repairs would take a while, they are just sending a refurbished one, with a new warranty and so on. L play tested it today on Overlord and it worked fine, as did an episode of Angel later, so I'm happy that it's finally back.

4 comments:

jwadams said...

Yaaa! Does that mean you lost everything on the hard drive? I guess your profile's on XBox Live, though.

Lemming said...

J: He kept the hard drive, so that much is fine. In fact, he had his drive plugged into my 360 for the majority of the last couple of weeks, and it was largely seemless.

Heh, your "refurbished" one is, I'm sure, someone else's late repair (who similarly got a refurbished unit, and so on, until someone got a replacement), and your unit is going to turn into someone else's refurbished replacement once they finally finish.

Zifnab said...

Yep, like Lem said, we kept the hard drive so nothing's lost. They even gave me a free xbox live gold card for 1 month, which I was thinking Lem might want.

I downloaded several demos yesterday and tried them out: Fatal Inertia was blah. Sorta wipeout like racing game, but I just could not get a feel for the controls. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam was exactly what it sounds like, Dynasty Warriors with mecha. They revamped some of the system though in a way I thought was pretty cool, so it's worth a try. Finally, the Blue Dragon demo was awesome. Classic RPG, but the battle system was fun and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Left me wondering more about the plot and characters since it basically just gives you a dungeon level to roam and fight on for a bit. I also downloaded Eternal Sonata demo, but didn't get to try it last night.

Mason said...

I was actually thinking of playing with my Wii tonight (I would really like to start progressing in Zelda and Super Paper Mario again...), but when I got back from Shakespeare in the park, I found that most of my block (including my apartment) didn't have any power. Amazing... I can't even play with my Wii in the dark. How ironic.