Our return flight was via Jacksonville to Houston to Los Angeles, on a completely different airline than our outwards flight. The first flight was really cold, but pretty short. Not much happened, I curled up on the seat and played a bit of Final Fantasy (PSP) and ate snacks and went ouch my tooth hurts from that. The flight was delayed by about 20 minutes leaving, and since we had approximately a 20 minute break between the arrival and our next flight on the original schedule, this was a cause for worry (which I am too prone to doing. I was also worried about the ratties, even though I'd called and checked on them and they were fine). We arrived and luckily the connecting flight had also been delayed, this one by an hour. So we got lunch and managed to arrive at the gate in plenty of time.
The next flight was pretty good, we were in the row all the way in the back of the plane, but the designers of this one (a 737-800) had left room so these seats could lean back! And with noone behind me, I didn't feel guilty and so went for it. Pretty nice, but didn't help my normal legs cramping problem, oh well. I got really tired about halfway through and dozed off, for maybe as long as an hour. Not really restful, but was too comatose to do anything else. I did get to see the approach into LA, figuring out which freeways I was seeing, and then managed to identify a critical interchange because of its familiarity (the 110/105 interchange) and did some traffic analysis, which proved to be pretty much useless as it took us a while to pick up baggage and make it out to the long term parking lot.
And now we're back, the ratties are happy, and Frances is visiting for a little since she's in the LA area. Went out to dinner and now I'm off to sleep. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment