Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I am getting very sleepy...

Woke up way too early today to go to a meeting. Said meeting took about two hours (from the intended start time, though someone was fifteen minutes late), and the conference room was a bit chilly. By the end I thought I was going to end up frozen, and my thoughts had pretty much crystallized into a crawl. Good thing we finished up then, it took me a good thirty minute walk to thaw out, and I even managed to acquire lunch on the way back. It was another of Ernie's taco specials, this time a different type of pork, whose spanish name I have forgotten, but distinctly different from the usual carnitas and spicy pork tacos I have gotten. Very tasty though. This afternoon was hectic, turns out some of our big compute machines were down, and the only eight-node machine that was up had another grad student's processes running on it (eight of them), and they were nice'd up to altogether annoying amounts of load. So I ended up having to use the four node machine, which worked out okay, though I have left it running tonight in hopes of having enough cascade data to email out tomorrow.

This evening I called up F, as it is her birthday (Hi! Happy Birthday!) and discussed her plans to be out in the LA area. It looks like C+J are moving from Las Vegas now, and she is headed out there to help with the move / play with the baby and just visit people in LA. Should be cool, we'll hopefully get together when we're back from Florida.

Also today, in World of Warcraft, was a raid upon the dread dungeon Karazhan. Spooooky! I was leading this one and it worked out pretty well. Even better, the class make-up was such that I filled a dps spot as a retribution paladin, and I have to say did very respectably. Two were ahead of me in damage, and it was extremely close up til the end so it wasn't as if I was getting blown away. A lot of that had to do with having L's character Icespark in the group, as an enhancement shaman always makes other melee classes work well. One of the other two I was close to was also melee though, so it was a pretty fair comparison. Anyways, this was the last raid I'm leading until next week, and it's always nice to have a break from leading.

And... that's it! I've got a bit of other stuff to do before going to bed (it being 2 AM), and so I should finish up and sleep.

2 comments:

willowlaughter said...

It was nice chatting with you :-) I can't wait to see you guys next week!!!!

I can relate to the first part of your post - it really is impossible to think when you're freezing cold...

AnaliaRose said...

Once again I am extremely jealous of my sister - she gets to play with baby, see you guys, and get out of the cold... Maybe its not so cold in Baltimore though (it was very chilly today in Chicago, as if it was late fall although it is really just August!)

Hope to see y'all soon! Maybe I"ll have a weekend or two off after my show in October...