I feel like most of my posts in August have been fillers, because I'm too tired to come up with anything to say. Oddly, there were two which I didn't feel that way, and one was very short. Anyways, I'm not sure quite what to do about it, there just hasn't seemed to be anything interestingly amazing to say, so instead you get the boring news from today:
Group meeting today was interesting. Programming today was bleh. Frisbee was also today, and went well, except I think I hurt my thumb fairly badly, my ankle feels weak and I'm very sore. I ran and played a lot harder today than I have been, which was nice, but it didn't really feel like I did any better. The ankle feels weak because I've been moving to make faster turns, but my shoes aren't getting the traction to actually do so and it feels like that stress goes to the ankle. So maybe I need to find my cleats or something.
Played a little Overlord today, it is awesome and my minions are doing very well. Except when they all die and I start outfitting a new squad with such diverse elements as pumpkin hats, spears, morningstars, a king's crown, and a unicorn horn. Except I didn't find the unicorns, L did, but I'm gonna go there so one of my guys uses one.
Tomorrow morning is yet another dentist appointment. Hopefully not as bad as some of my previous ones in terms of length, but I'm not sure at the moment whether that will be the case.
8 comments:
Hmmm... I've always felt that there are too many interesting things to say and write and that there's just never enough time to do it. It must be the kender part of my personality. (In terms of personality, it is somewhat fair to describe me as half dwarf and half kender, which creates a bit of a strange hybrid.)
My new shoes arrived today, so I'm walking more comfortably again. I expect this will help with frisbee as well. (I had been trying out a different brand but I found it was too tight for my liking and now I have a new pair of the Sketchers brand I had been using. The new ones look cool right now, but I would have preferred the all-black color scheme that was unavailable because I think the tan-black combination will look worse once they get dirty. It's a trade-off.)
Mason: Your second comment has been deleted. As per my original statement (in one of the original posts on the blog), criticism of my writing should be relayed in private. I've since fixed the offending issue.
I think I agree with your statement about there being many interesting things to write but not enough time. I guess the problem I have is that I feel like a lot of the interesting things to write aren't really on topic. Stupid, yes, as pretty much anything should be on topic when I'm trying to write. Those same things I'd find interesting to write though, are also the sort of thing where I'd be up for hours actually writing them down. I guess perhaps my problem is more finding something to write about that's accessible, without sitting down for several hours. I usually have three or four ideas for short stories or RPG campaigns floating around in my head (and indeed, the many interesting things I have that could be written are along similar veins), but actually spending the time to write those is hard to come by, and at least for the campaign type ideas, not really a good idea for a blog post unless I don't think I'd ever run that idea.
Z: I wasn't viewing that particular comment as criticism, but I guess one can view it as a mild form of that. (I also forgot about the stated ground rules, so I guess I get whammied on both counts.) I'll try to be good, but anyway I'm writing to mention that breaking the ground rules was entirely unintentional.
Well, I have enjoyed reading your blog as usual. posts have been fine!
I'm currently writing on a laptop whose video card is dying and it is driving me nuts -- little red lines everywhere -- so I'm not going to be able to write much more. Please keep on blogging and don't worry about keeping us on the edge of our seat! ;-)
p.s. -- I liked the taco post...gives me a new idea for making tacos! Fresh cooking ideas are always good.
Something about the original post has stuck in my head since I first read it.
Doldrums. Doldrums? Doldrums... Aha, Doldrums!
The Phantom Tollbooth
Post a Comment