On the way home from dinner today I had a stunning realization. I am very much blessed with family and friends. The thing that triggered this was L talking with Frances, and realizing that they would get along well if they had met (without me around) and would still be able to talk about very interesting things. Then thinking about this, I realized that between my sisters, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and my wife, we all get along really well and have great conversations. The same goes in a looser sense for our wider circle of friends, and that's really special.
Anyways, just a special thought that struck me on the way home from dinner. Thank you to all the family and friends, who are so special to me.
1 comment:
I think a decent number of people have this among their friends (who are people they choose), but I think it's pretty rare (and special, as you write) to have this among either family and "family". (I don't have any immediate "family", but I have little in common with any of my immediate relatives and the only relatives with whom I have a decent amount in common are distant with respect to how far apart we are on the family tree. While things are rather extreme in my case, it does seem to be relatively --- or perhaps even very --- widespread.)
Post a Comment