Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Whoa

I just read a great line in an otherwise very sad article's sidebar: the sidebar was essentially a commentary with a professor of physics, Dr. Timothy Gay, about some of the physics involved in football. This leads to the striking line: "[...]' said Gay, who played football at Caltech." (actual quote omitted)

Whoa.

3 comments:

Mason said...

I'd be interested in looking at the article to see what it's about. What's the url?

Zifnab said...

The article is at this link: ESPN

Not for the faint of heart, it talks about a pretty serious injury that occurred last weekend. The comment is in the sidebar, about halfway down.

Mason said...

Not just sad, but also scary --- though it's good that the subsequent prognoses have been a bit more optimistic. Even with all the protective equipment, I'm actually surprised that nasty stuff like this doesn't happen more often than it does.

I reread the sidebar comment, and I didn't get the full humor until I saw the whole section that was in. I agree that the fact that they point out that the guy played physics at Tech is really awesome.