Wednesday... Well, I messed around with a lot of figures, panicked completely when my simulations that finished were not actually usable for the intended comparison, and rewrote huge swathes of the paper based on the comments the night before.
On the good front wednesday night I got a call from my brother in law (hi!) reminding me that all the stress had me preoccupied and I hadn't tried to work out final details so that I could make it to a mutual friend's wedding. A call to that friend, and some searching later and I was able to find a plane ticket that was still affordable even with my current low available cash problem (due to dentist visits, previous trips, etc). So that's a relief. Also most everything got done that night except analyzing new simulation data which I will likely use in the paper.
4 comments:
yay!!! we can't wait to see you :-D
I'm very glad to hear you found a way to make the wedding! You sounded rather pessimistic about that earlier.
It was a combination of a misunderstanding (wasn't sure I was even invited, I had a weird impression about a paper invite when it was all electronic and I missed that cue), and expecting plane tickets to be nearly twice as expensive or more than what I found mine for, which would have put it into the unaffordable range. Well, and Willowlaughter+J offered to let me stay with them and they can drive, so I didn't have to factor in hotel/car costs too. :)
(Sorry, that was explaining why I was pessimistic earlier. Those factors plus being crazy busy, really.)
Post a Comment