Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Surprises

Thursday was going fine, the paper rewrite was nearly done, the figures were coming together, was going to get to play ultimate frisbee in an hour and then finish it up and send it on, when I get an email. Everything is needed ASAP, the conference organizers have some sort of issues and they need the paper right now. There went my frisbee plans, any semblance of sanity and then a mad rush set in.

Oh well, I did finish it up, Erik thought it looked good and the figures were very good, and I don't have to worry about it now. Or at least, I don't have to worry about it until they complain on zero notice and I have to work on it, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen for at least another two weeks or so. :) I actually got to relax tonight, it was great. Nothing I particularly had to do, at least until I go in to work tomorrow and realize all the other stuff I need to catch up on. But tonight at least was relaxing.

Oh, and the post I've been writing the teasers about is due this weekend.

1 comment:

Mason said...

Ah yes, the sudden mad rushes. Those would be the bad parts of academia... (not that they don't occur in other walks of life).

I'm glad it's over (at least for now).

Maybe we can figure out a day/time to watch Buffy/Angel soon. :)