Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sleeping Ratties

And now, your regular rattie update! Or not so regular, but at least it's here.

The rats have been doing very well. With the new desk, we moved the cage around so it's a lot closer to the desks and it's easier to say hi to them. They've also been getting out on a regular basis, which appears to make them happy, though they are causing all sorts of trouble. Their latest game is to pull everything off the one remaining shelf (on the desk), so they have room to hide in the cubbyholes. This is very cute, and horribly annoying as there are occasionally crashing noises as they knock something off, and we always worry that the rat fell with.

They have also been very cute while sleeping. I think the temperature is a bit hot for them, even with the AC running, and so when they curl up to sleep they flop over on one side so their belly gets cooled too. It's adorable, but I haven't been able to get a picture of it yet because they always perk up when I bring the camera near. Guess they're only mostly asleep.

We've also found a great way to round them all up. Opening the door to the hallway works like a charm, any of them near that can see it will immediately run straight for the door, and they try to make it through before we can close it. I usually bring one or two with on my shoulder for whatever I was going to do outside the bedroom, but they get bored with that after a while.

1 comment:

AnaliaRose said...

I love your ratty stories, btw. They are usually my favorite posts. I'll have to warn you though that Frances and Jonathan are competing with you now for most entertaining pets/animals of cohabitation. Although the idea that their new fish is anywhere near as fun as the ratties by seem far fetched, this feisty new fish, Blue, tried to attack me today! I was just mostly minding my own business at the counter, chatting with Frances, and I looked to the left at Blue in his tank and he swam vicisiouly fast towards the side of the tank, directly at me - FIGHT MODE. Of course he failed to do any damage to anything other than his nose since I don't live in his tank but it was quite a scary moment for both of us. Later we had a little game of "chicken" with Frances sew scissors.... They remained outside the tank but let's just say Blue is a little jumpy... I'd say I won that one. I would have gone on but Frances finally yelled "STOP TORMENTING OUR POOR FISH!," this poor fish that tried very hard to attack me, even if it would have been impossible...

Fishy stories. Yum.