Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Retribution

Sometimes being a retribution paladin is worth it. Sometimes it isn't, like today I got rejected for a simple BM group, not even a heroic, because in their eyes I was not a good dps. When in my experience, I can beat a lot of the dps I've grouped with, and just basing the decision on that alone is a poor one as I can buff the entire group well and can even function as a main healer for some fights if needed. Their reasoning is usually that they have played a paladin and know what we can do. Which seems like a poor reason, if they have actually played and geared a paladin, they should realize that we bring more than just damage to the table, and with good gear we can actually dish out damage quite well as well.

Oh well.

Then there's fights like this which are pretty fun:

You crit Zaxxis Raider for 1099.
You hit Zaxxis Raider for 621.
Your Seal of Command crits Zaxxis Raider for 1541 Holy damage.
You crit Zaxxis Raider for 1323.
Your Seal of Command hits Zaxxis Raider for 776 Holy damage.
Your Crusader Strike crits Zaxxis Raider for 1427.
Zaxxis Raider dies.

That's a total of 3 swings and one ability, pretty fast :) For those reading who may know WoW, this was without trinkets, without using avenging wrath, and starting without vengeance.

Edit: I start by judging crusader and activating seal of command. This is actually a fairly common fight, I had it happen similarly and started to write this post, it got knocked off the log so I just killed some more and had it happen again easily.

No comments: