Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Box Travel!

And now for your regularly scheduled update on our broken XBOX 360. We got the packing materials yesterday, which included a glossy 8.5x11 page of instructions, anti-static bag, two foam molded pieces for the ends, sticky tape to re-close the box, and a prepaid UPS tracking/shipping form. Did the assembly of the outgoing box, and dropped it off today at a UPS store on the way to the dentist, it was marked as 3-day shipping.

Here's the best part: I walked into the store and one of the two guys that worked there said "An Xbox repair?" Me: "Yep." Guy: "Ok, just drop it there on the counter, the tracking number is your receipt number." Me: "So, you are seeing a lot of these?" Guy: "Yeah, about six to seven a day." I boggle for a while, then walk out. That's a much higher incidence than I'd thought, for him to estimate so many per day, at one of many UPS shipping outlets in Pasadena. I wonder why these problems hadn't shown up earlier? Or if they did, why they weren't as well covered? The first I'd even heard of this type of system failure was when a patch for GHII caused some to start occuring.

Anyways, I checked and the package is now in Ontario, CA, and it's headed to McAllen, TX. Any bets on which day it arrives, post em in the comments. I'm hoping it'll be there by next monday, and back here by next friday. I want to play Overlord! and GHII! And the list goes on...

4 comments:

jwadams said...

Wow; I'll be crossing my fingers for your xbox's quick return...

Lemming said...

My bets:
Arrive in TX Monday.
Finished following Friday.
Arrive in Pasadena following Tues.

If you're itching to play (and don't mind rolling back on your saves), you're welcome to come over. If M^2 isn't using it, you're even welcome to borrow it for a while -- I sure haven't had the time for much.

Zifnab said...

Update: Tracking info shows that it is enroute to TX as of 6 am today, leaving the Ontario, CA depot.

I've actually got my hard drive still, though I don't know if it works correctly with a different console, though I don't see why not.

Lemming said...

Far as I understand, it works like a really big memory card. Of course, it could also be programmed to explode in ball of fiery shrapnel if plugged into another xbox, but somehow I doubt it.