Whoa, this post won't be at 11:59 pm!
In ultimate frisbee today, I had my best play ever. I was guarding someone who'd beaten me before, and we were near the end zone, with his team having the disc. He gets a step on me and streaks towards the end zone corner. I can tell the throw is going to him, and I'm a step behind, so I sprint as hard as I can. My hat nearly falls off, getting in my view, but I grab it in my left hand. We're in the end zone now, the throw is in the air chest height and I leap. Imagine lying down on a bed on your side, with one hand stretched above your head as far as it can go. Now imagine doing that with no bed, three feet up in the air. It's like flying. I push the disc outwards right as it reaches his hands. It goes flying out of bounds.
4 comments:
And then comes the *WHOOMP*, which I bet oddly didn't hurt at all, huh?
I want to feel well enough to play. Sigh... it's been several weeks since I've been simultaneously here and able to play, and it was several more weeks before that one time.
Lem: Yeah, actually. I landed pretty hard and ripped up a knee, and the other guy nearly landed on my head with his feet. It wasn't until about 30m later that my knee had blood all over it. Washed it off and it was a small grass burn from which the blood had dried, so I'm guessing it may have been that particular play. The problem is, there's at least three or four others it could have been too.
(The yeah, actually, is yeah, it didn't hurt at all :)
Post a Comment