Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

First Month (open thread)

So today marks the first month where I've written a post for every day. I note that while there is a post for every day, sadly there was a small break where there was a delay in the posting, which was the trip to Chicago. I still feel like I've accomplished something though, and so I'll continue writing.

I think I will list my favorite posts this month, just because I really enjoyed writing and seeing comments on some of them, and think it's important to point that out.

Restaurant Shyness and Graduation I had a tough time writing, but it was worth it when so many people added their own thoughts to them, so I liked those for that reason.

Swimmingly was similarily hard to write, but when I was done I felt a whole lot better for just being able to write it down.

Graduation Photos and Rat Guide were the most enjoyable to just write, as I liked adding my own thoughts to the photos, and the editing and arranging of the photos was also fun.

Finally, Ratatouille was my shortest post, and yet I felt that I managed to say exactly what I wanted to. Even if I did use one sentence which had a whole lot of commas.

Anyways, thanks to everyone reading, it's been encouraging. If you had favorites, or things you'd like to see, subjects you think I might like to write about, and so on, feel free to post it in the comments here. Or just use this as an open thread if there's something else you want to talk about, cause that'd be fun as well.

3 comments:

Lanth said...

I've really liked all the edited rat photos; seeing photos used is a great incentive to take more. Plus you've found ways to turn fairly crummy photos into really good ones (iirc, the popular "Lu Bu's whiskers" photo was a typical small-rat-large-frame photo until some drastic cropping).

Lidarose said...

sorry about the lateness of this comment -- I've been enjoying your posts very much! I think you are a very good writer.
My favorites are the ones you mentioned, plus I really liked the one on Ultimate, as it helped me to understand a little more about the sport and why you enjoy playing Ultimate.

AnaliaRose said...

I loved the graduation posts, of course, as did all of my friends I directed to your blog like Zev and Margaret.

I love the variety too because you never quite know what the post will be about - ex. techno talk that I don't understand vs. cute rat pictures!