Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Potential Mess

A while back L was growing some plants, and so we have a bag of potting soil that was used for said endeavor. Given the size of our apartment, and the lack of a convenient gardening shed or the like, storing the bag of potting soil is something of an issue. Luckily, the shelves in the bedroom had been cleared of all their comics/books, which are now neatly organized in the living room, and so there was empty space for the bag of potting soil.

I once read that rats really like to play in dirt, digging and tunneling. I'm pretty sure that is correct, based on observational evidence. Scotty was a mess, with dirt everywhere on his nose, whiskers and paws. I tried to help him clean up, but he seemed rather more annoyed that he wasn't allowed to play in the dirt any longer, instead of being properly grateful. Oh well.



In other news, we went to Din Tai Fung (which I'm sure I have mangled the spelling of) for dinner tonight. It is a dumpling place east of here, near the racetrack, and we've been there a few times before. It was very delicious, but this isn't a review (perhaps I will write one later?), instead I wanted to mention that we had exactly one dumpling left over, which was a red bean dessert dumpling. It got brought home and we let the rats have at it, and took pictures. I haven't looked at them yet, but maybe the next post will be about it, if they're good.

2 comments:

Mason said...

Mmmm... dumplings.

Lidarose said...

Ratties playing in dirt sounds normal... human children like to do that, too. I hope they don't start making mud pies, too!