Void where prohibited by law. Do not ingest. Objects may appear closer than they are. And now for something completely different.
So, I recently read an open thread at Making Light (#86) and there were many interesting parts to the thread. One of which brought up Doctor Who, which I remember seeing a long time ago, as Granddad really liked it and taped a lot of episodes. I don't even know which doctor they're on now, but I recall my favorites were Tom Baker and Peter Davison, who I think were the fourth and fifth Doctors. And now I checked and they are currently on number ten. So anyways, reading that thread made me remember my favorite moments in Doctor Who, and I think my favorite one of those was in the first appearance of Tom Baker, in the episode Robot. After the Doctor regenerates, he's usually a little unstable, and in this case he keeps popping in and out of the TARDIS trying on different costumes to try and figure out who he really is.
Another great part of that thread were people coming up with verses to "Real Old Time Religion" (which I think is a folk song by Pete Seeger, or at least the version I've heard is), including such diverse gods as Cthulu, Crom, Cookie Monster, Darwin, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and others.
Anyways, hopefully will post with more content soon, but for now there's just my comments/redirection on things I read in the Making Light thread, because I'm too shy to actually post there. I really wanted to come up with a verse for various CS geeks along the lines of some of the later posts which had verses related to physics and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment