Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday! (Open Thread)

And now for something completely different. An open thread! So, what's up today? What's the current mood?

Today I am doing more writing. That's pretty much it, if it goes well I may take a break. My current mood is vaguely distracted.

4 comments:

Travis said...

It's been raining for about two weeks straight here which really makes me miss the sun. Today (apart from staying inside and dry) I'm reading papers related to a prospective job. The employers in question want me to be sure that I'm interested in the topic before they make me an offer, so I asked them for some reading material to help determine that, and received 100+ pages of academic papers on price impacts and liquidity fluctuations.

Lemming said...

It's cold but beautiful here in CO. Sammy has gotten so much bigger, it kind of blows my mind.

My current mood is stuffed, relaxed, and happy. Laptop gaming in Randy and Christine's living room, in front of a fireplace. There may be some scotch in a bit...

Mason said...

Right now, I'm feeling physically tired because ping pong today was pretty strenuous. It was also really fun, though I made a bad decision in terms of a potential opportunity missed. (Why do I do things like that when I'm tired? I could have pushed myself.)

In general, I've mostly been in a good mood lately. I am no longer behind on my various teaching duties and am, in fact, ahead on some of them. This gave me the chance to have multiple research/paper-writing days last week (and those were basically the first ones I had all term because of starting the term behind on teaching things!), and if I finish marking E&M papers tonight, I can use tomorrow to work on a draft of an expository paper that was supposed to be finished in 2005 (long story).

The other reason for the good mood is that I'm becoming better friends with some people, and I will be having some friends over next Friday for a b-day party. (I'm also hoping there will be the usual shenanigans on Tuesday, but I don't know if they're happening.) A friend of mine from high school (who is spending the week in London for work) may also hop down here next Sunday.

Also, I've seen a very nice play each of the past two Saturdays (and will be seeing a third next Saturday and going to a concert on Sunday night).

willowlaughter said...

My mood yesterday was good, with a side of very tired...

I started my first photography class yesterday morning - Intro to film photography - I learned more about the technical side of photography than I have known the entire time I've been taking photos. I've already gotten my money's worth and that was just the first class :-) I love it so far, and I have a ton of assignments to do for next weeks class - good times!