Ok, so I feel a bit loopy now. I got the emergency appointment with the dentist and the tooth is fine now, and I can eat things again. The last few days I have gone without a bit too much sleep though, so the rest of monday was a bit loopy. Loopy? I dunno, I think it's a very descriptive word, but I can't quite place what it means. On the bright side, I did have many very interesting talks today with various people, I just hope I was making sense. :)
3 comments:
I'm not sure exactly what 'loopy' means, but I definitely have heard the word increasingly often the last couple of years. I think it's reasonably old slang that happens to be coming back into fashion with a vengeance. I think of it essentially as a synonym for 'hyper' though I think there's a bit more to it.
More important, I'm very glad you had a chance to see the dentist promptly!
I think Mom used the word loopy a lot when we were growing up - I use it all the time. I think of loopy as slightly drunk or tipsy without the influence of any alcohol. It is the kind of mood one is in at 3am at a slumber party at an FLT gathering. Mason's description of hyper works too. It is a slightly crazy feeling...
Glad you got things fixed! It sounded very painful. I really need to find a dentist in Chicago. Hmmm... Maybe that will be my goal for today...
I think my definition of it is much closer to what analiarose says. It's a different basis vector from hyper though, as I was very very tired yesterday, but still loopy. I guess the best definition I can think of would be "the state one is in where everything observed feels whimsical".
Post a Comment