Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday! (Open Thread)

And now, the repeated post title, just because I can!

Today's open thread topic: Sandwiches. What's your favorite kind?

6 comments:

Mason said...

I like good corned-beef sandwiches --- especially ones made with the corned beef from Nate 'N Al's deli in Beverly Hills.

Lidarose said...

Oops -- I missed this when it came out Saturday...
I love tomato sandwiches, on whole wheat or rye or pumpernickel bread with mayonnaise and some thinly sliced cucumber, if it's available... a reuben, made with tempeh instead of corned beef (the best I ever had was from The Scenic Cafe, north of Duluth, MN, on the North Shore of Lake Superior)... and a veggie sub on whole wheat from Subway.

Zifnab said...

lidarose: it actually was posted monday, I went and filled in the missing posts today because I've been busy. ;) So you're right on time.

My favorite is a salami and cheese (muenster), maybe with some extras like sprouts, lettuce, cucumbers, italian dressing.

Jenny said...

A Monte Cristo for hot sandwiches, though a reuben is fantastic (corned beef and all). For cold sandwiches, my favorite goes by several names. A turkey sandwich with mayo, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on a soft, white hoagie roll. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

willowlaughter said...

My favorite is the Reuben :-) Preferably with lots and lots of sauerkraut. I just had a very tasty one on Sunday night at Canter's in Hollywood - YUM!

Also, for the cold sandwich, I love a traditional turkey club on wheat (turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoe - with avocado too!)

willowlaughter said...

I meant tomato without the "e"