Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Creating Cards (Addendum)

I decided the second graphics style I used for the other card was pretty crappy (though easy to do/apply). The problem was that it was based off a inbuilt style that was very neat, but I had to recolor it and the inbuilt style was defined in terms of local process colors, rather than a global process color or spot color so it was difficult to change the base color and get all the gradients to re-tint correctly. The styles I was using before were all done by me, so they all used global process colors and thus it was simple to re-tint everything by just applying a different color so I could have encounter colors, at-will, etc. Anyways, I gave another shot at a simple style and ended up with one I liked, shown on the left below. It's basically one area/edge graphics style, plus a quickly tossed together text style that was applied to the header/footer text style tags. Compare to the previous style, on the right. I think I might make a new edge style to use, but otherwise pretty happy with this one.


NOTE: I changed the original post to use the updated graphics style. You can check out my entire set of images used for this sequence of posts, below the fold.


No comments: