I wonder if babies stick their hands (or other people's hands/fingers) in their mouth as a way of building up their immune system?
Well, not intentionally for that reason, but does it have any effect?
Anyways, sorry for not posting. May get better about posting, we'll see. We may be doing a word thing tomorrow, Mason is due to post the word sometime today on his blog, and then the wording can start!
3 comments:
I have read that some people think the rise in allergies may have to do with being too clean.
I know that motor control improves inside-out and top-down, so that long before Baby can bring its hands together, it can bring them to the mouth. Plus, it's a powerful sense for babies. See the object, touch/grab the object, smell/taste the object. Also sucking on things releases endorphins.
The word is posted. I was really tired, so I was very pleased that the word from Wednesday (which was the top word when once follows the links) was already a very good one and I didn't have to do anything thinking or hunting.
Jenny: that's pretty neat :) Thanks for the feedback on it!
Post a Comment