Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Drums (Part 3 of N)

With L's help, the re-soldering got completed today. Here's what the box looks like just before assembly:

I've included all the tools nearby, as otherwise it looks very strange as you get random bits of tools near the box. Maybe this is an indication that I should actually pose my picture subjects better? Anyways, you can see the two connecting ends now, as well as where the USB cable to the Xbox fits into the lower box half. Finally, here's what the box looks like when powered up:

The light's on, the buttons are visible... some of them even work! For some reason the A and B buttons have stopped working, not sure why but I don't really want to take apart the circuit board to see the opposite side (which is where the buttons are mounted). The controller works fine though, so I can use the drums as those buttons, just can't use them on the box. Everything else appears to be fine though, so it'll do!

Next post: The drum kit itself! Plus possibly a video of actually playing a song. If there's interest and/or I can figure out how to do it decently.

1 comment:

Mason said...

I'd be interested in watching it.