Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Phone Number!

Howdy all my blog readers. Which of last count is 2, at least judging by number of comments. :)

Anyways, I have switched phone numbers to Google Voice, so that I may actually notice voicemails! The old number will still work, but if you use the new number it will be excellent - same area code, same last 4 digits, in fact the only change was a single digit - the 6 to a 3. (That's the third 6 of the four in my old number, counting from the left.) If you've got questions, post a comment or email me!

10 comments:

Mike^2 said...

One! One comment! Ah ah ah!

Mason said...

Two! Two comments!

(And # of readers is typically >> # of people commenting.)

Zifnab said...

Three! But I may not count if I leave comments on my own blog.

And yep, I know # of readers is usually larger, but I update so infrequently and I only have one "follower" according to blogger, so I figured 2 was a nice and conservative estimate. :)

Though figuring it was 0 might actually be more conservative, hmm. Guess I'm a liberal? Okay, let's not go down that road, a post about phone numbers turning political is probably a sign I should sleep!

Mason said...

So is the fact that you made a comment at 3:49.

I don't list myself as a follower on any blog. I just come 'round when there is an update.

Lemming said...

What is this following you speak of?

Lemming said...

Oops, wasn't supposed to be done with comment yet...

I mean, what is the "follower" as far as Blogger recognizes it? Shouldn't be RSS (as in, me), since that's pull-based, and Blogger shouldn't be able to track anything that isn't push.

Right?

*shrugs*

Zifnab said...

Good question, looks like it's something you could do if I had a gadget here, or it's settable on a personal preferences page? Here's the link to more info:

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=104225

AnaliaRose said...

I used to read your blog but then it and I kinda dropped off the radar so together it didn't get read.... But yay for Google Voice! I got it a couple months ago and love it. Not only are the transcribed messages hilarious at times (I have a really funny one from mom I'll have to share..) but it means I don't have to actually listen to messages as much. Hooray!

Zifnab said...

I got my first one today!

It has a totally awesome line:

"This is so Sunday night". The transcriptions are actually very cool - it seems to know which things are 'good' and which are just guesses. e.g. in that one 'so' is actually greyed to indicate they aren't sure. Most of the stuff non-grey is correct (maybe all?) including relevant dates, times, etc. The guesses, well, wildly inaccurate. Still, it was very useful and being able to just click the button in my web browser to listen to voicemail is a ton better than having to remember to call it up, etc. :)

Mason said...

One has to actively decide to be listed as a 'follower'. One can easily follow a blog in every practical sense of the word without such a listing. I now have a button on my blog to do that, but one can still do that for a blogspot blog even without an explicit button on the blog's page. I just look the links on the RHS of my blog to see if there's been a new entry after I last looked.