So, as chronicled over a year ago in Oh Noes! our 360 has done that dreaded thing again: three flashing red lights. Super crash. Must be repaired. At least the repair's free for this one.
This is a fairly good sign that the previous console which suffered this fate was replaced (rather than repaired), and by a console which still had the same defect. Ugh. Oh well, now to wait and hope it gets fixed quickly. I was just starting Mirror's Edge.
3 comments:
Slightly off topic (except for the video game theme), but I'm going to be in DC next week, which means (among other things) that I am planning a brief foray to buy Wii games that can actually work in my machine. I am definitely planning to get Okami (and also N+ for the DS, which I could buy here if the stores actually had it), but what else should I perhaps look out for? I don't know if I'll get anything else, but it would be good to know what to take a closer look at. Of course, I can also do some of this in LA next month.
For the Wii, I don't really have any recommendations. The last game we got was the new Mario Kart, which is a decent party game. In the hierarchy of gaming systems here, it's pretty much sitting at the bottom, a failure except once in a while when people are over and Rock Band 2 isn't the first game we start up for multiplayer.
For the DS, FF: Revenant Wings was pretty good mechanics wise, the story was okay but not as engrossing as other FF's. The World Ends With You was also pretty good - L liked it a lot for the compulsive collecting components.
For games that I haven't played yet, there's an Animal Crossing game coming out for the Wii, and those are usually pretty fun. For the DS, I would imagine you can't go wrong with Chrono Trigger or the new Castlevania game.
On the DLC front, I believe World of Goo was available on the Wii's download thing. I played the Mac version and it was great, and I think it's probably better with mouse than pointer, but in either case it's a very fun little game.
Sorry I'm not much help! Maybe others who read here will have ideas - all the best games I've played recently have been Xbox 360 or PC games.
I was thinking about whether I'd get Mario Kart. I'm not in the mood to play that on my own and between what I already have (I still haven't finished Mario Galaxy---I haven't played much since things became so busy once classes starts) and what I already am planning to get, for the most part any additional purchases would likely be of the multiplayer variety. I did get a chance to do some multiplayer Smash Brothers here once, and the idea of nailing my students with well-placed lightning bolts does have a certain appeal.
Post a Comment